The technological innovation that has burst into our lives in the last decades, has brought structural changes that have decisively influenced practically all the spheres of our life.
Technology has changed our way of connecting, our habits and lifestyles, our way of understanding and enjoying leisure time and, our way of learning and teaching.
In this context, the development of educational apps has started a race that so far looks practically unstoppable. Thus, the evolution of the technology of these apps has evolved in an impressive manner, reaching levels that were unimaginable a few years ago.
It is because of that, that the introduction of these apps as a learning formula has ever more presence in educational systems where principles like flexibility and the requirement of a continuous update of knowledge appear as fundamental.
Some of the main advantages that experts recognize in the apps as learning tools are:
- They facilitate learning both in and out of the classroom. The barriers of time and space blur.
- They have a positive influence in the motivation of the student body given that they identify with an everyday object such as a mobile phone.
- They are susceptible to introducing elements as valuable in the learning process as gamification, that integrates the game dynamic in the frame of the achievement of the learning objectives.
- They encourage the interaction between users that acquire an active role in the already established role between teacher and student.
- They present an attractive design.
- The actualization of content and information can be almost instant, which has great value in the process of knowledge actualization.
- They facilitate the creation of personalized learning environments and adapt them to the needs of the students.
- They create environments that favour the start-up of collaborative spaces of teaching-learning.